In this episode Hazel and Angus speak with Emma Wood, one of the great minds working in the space of psychology in our community.
Here’s some of the topics we cover:
- What we can all learn from how competitors manage their mindset and attention under pressure
- Problems with how we approach psychology in climbing
- Why don't instructors and guides get any training around psychological concepts (?!)
- Trying hard, effort and how this can be trained
- Performance, mastery and competition and how to balance them all
- Process versus outcome
- The importance of self-awareness
- Psychological tools to manage stress
Fear in climbing and public speaking Emma is always a joy to speak with and one of our most trusted thought-leaders working in this space.
To access the second half of the conversation with Emma Wood become a Podcast Community Member